Positive Behaviour Support Community of Practice Scotland
You can read SCLD’s position statement on PBS here.
You can read an Easy Read summary of SCLD’s position statement here.
What is Positive Behaviour Support (PBS)?
- Is a person-centred framework for providing support to people with learning disabilities, including those with additional support needs such as autism, or those with behavioural challenges.
- Has an overall aim is to improve quality of life, and to provide the right support at the right time, so that people can thrive, be happy, and fulfil their potential.
- Supports human rights and promotes a life without unnecessary restriction.
- Means treating people equally and working in partnership with people with learning disabilities and their families.
Find out about our latest events
Our most recent webinar, ‘Staff wellbeing in a PBS context’ took place on Tuesday 24th August 2021. You can watch a recording of the webinar here.
Details of our next webinar will follow soon.
PBS Community of Practice Scotland
The PBS Community of Practice (CoP) for Scotland is led by a steering group of key stakeholders, including professionals and family carers who have experience and expertise in PBS, and who work at a strategic level.
The steering group is facilitated by SCLD as part of our work as a delivery partner of the Scottish Government in the implementation of Scotland’s learning disability strategy, The keys to life.
The PBS CoP is chaired by Dr Anne MacDonald (Scottish Government and University of Glasgow).
The Steering Group logos are included below:
The PBS Community of Practice Scotland is focussed on:
- Leading the dialogue and discussion about PBS in Scotland
- Supporting the implementation of PBS in Scotland
- Delivering national events and webinars on PBS
- Sharing good practice and learning about PBS
- Ensuring that all sectors providing services to people with learning disabilities are well represented and involved with the work of the CoP .
We hope the PBS CoP will become a national focal point for all those who have an interest in PBS and its use to support people with learning disabilities.
You can watch recordings of our previous webinars here.
Sign up to our mailing list
Sign up to our PBS mailing list to keep up to date with the latest news, webinars and events.