At the Scottish Commission for Learning Disability we’re committed to finding new and better ways to improve the lives of people with learning disabilities. Our Board of trustees is drawn from people across the whole population with a wide range of relevant experience and expertise.
SCLD aims to be a knowledge hub – offering support, information and new ideas about learning disability in Scotland.
Our team do this by:
Promoting engagement and dialogue with:
- People with learning disabilities and carers
- Professionals, policy officials and service providers
Leading innovation and collaboration in:
- Service design and delivery
- Practice, support and advocacy
Building and disseminating evidence about:
- Lived experiences of people with learning disabilities
- What works to drive better outcomes
Find out more about SCLD by watching our short video: