Scottish Learning Disability Week is Scotland’s learning disability awareness raising week, which takes place in May every year. Every year has a different theme that is important to the lives of people with a learning disability.
Scottish Learning Disability Week 2023
Scottish Learning Disability Week celebrates the rich contribution that people with learning disabilities make to society. This year’s theme was ‘Lead to Change’ and demonstrated various ways that people with learning disabilities demonstrate leadership in Scotland. This year’s week took place from Monday 1 – Sunday 7 May.
- SCLD sent almost 1200 Get Involved Packs to over 200 different groups and organisations across Scotland and around the world.
- We hosted over 300 people for our online events about Human Rights, Individual and Health Leadership.
- SCLD attended in-person events all over Scotland including a dance workshop with Indepen-dance in Govan, the Streets Ahead conference in the Borders and conversation cafes in Edinburgh.
- Our Include For Good Rapporteurs met with Maree Todd MSP and senior leaders at Scottish Parliament; collecting commitments from senior leaders to lead to change with and for people with learning disabilities in Scotland .
Continue to Lead to Change
Scottish Learning Disability Week 2023 focused on all aspects of Leadership with the theme ‘Lead to Change’. Leadership happens every day, not just during Scottish Learning Disability Week. You can still download the resources and activities from the Get Involved Packs below such as Leadership Bingo, a Fortune Teller, a Leadership workbook and lots more!
Remember to share your Lead to Change activities on social media using hashtags #ScotLDWeek23 and #LeadToChange and tag @SCLDnews. We look forward to seeing all your activities throughout the rest of 2023.
Scottish Learning Disability Week opening videos.
- Audio of Scottish Learning Disability Week Information
- Scottish Learning Disability Week Information – Easy Read
- Get Involved Pack booklet
- Get Involved Pack – Activity pull out
Easy read online events programme
Leadership Conversation Café
Leadership Fortune Teller
- I am a leader because…
- Leadership Workbook with Activity Sheets
- Leadership Opportunities for People with Learning Disabilities – Easy Read
Spread the word about Scottish Learning Disability Week 2023 by sharing these social media cards!