Who we are
The Working Together with Parents Network is a UK-wide network of professionals working to support parents with learning disabilities. It is made up of a country-wide network in Scotland and regional networks in England and in Wales.
The Working Together with Parents Network is a professional network and is a free resource for anyone working with parents with learning disabilities across the UK.
Workers from a wide variety of backgrounds including health, social care as well as the legal and education sector can benefit from involvement in our growing network.
Members will be able to:
- Contribute to the development of working across disciplines,
- Share and receive good practice examples and updates on resources, policy and research of relevance,
- Attend network meetings and local events,
- Receive bi-monthly online newsletters about policy and practice developments,
- Join the member’s only board which is a practice and resource sharing tool.
The Working Together with Parents Network is funded by Esmee Fairbairn and is a partnership project between The University of Bristol, Learning Disability Wales and SCLD.
Visit the Working Together with Parents Network site.
*Disclaimer: The Working Together with Parents Network twitter page is resource and information sharing platform. It does not necessarily represent the views of SCLD.
Network Meeting Evaluations
Since February 2017 Network members have been asked to evaluate network meetings. You can view the evaluations of each meeting here.
Network Meeting Workshops
News and Events
If you would like you can complete this form and email it to Oonagh Brown or submit it via post to:
Scottish Commission for Learning Disability
Suite 5.2, Stock Exchange Court
77 Nelson Mandela Place