The Scottish Government has announced that Scotland is now in Phase 3 of the routemap out of lockdown. ‘Phase 3’ sets in motion an easing of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) lockdown restrictions that Scotland has been subject to since March.
There are changes to some of the restrictions – some key updates include:
- Shielding has been paused as of August 1 2020
- From 11 August children are able to return back to school full time. Expect a phased return over the week, with all children back in school by 18 August
- Urgent dental care involving aerosols may begin to be provided in NHS dental practice from 17 August
- There will be a review of restrictions on 20 August
- Monday 24 August is an indicative date for the re-opening of live outdoors events venues, organised outdoor contact sports, bingo halls, amusement arcades etcetera
- There will be another review of restrictions on 10 September.
You can find up to date Easy Read information about the changes to the restrictions in SCLD’s Google Drive Coronavirus resource bank here.
An update for people who have been shielding
People who have been shielding are now able to go outdoors to take exercise and can also take part in outdoor activities such as hiking and golf.
However the Scottish Government is urging everyone to maintain physical distancing by staying 2 metres apart from those outside of your own household, and to wash your hands for at least 20 seconds as soon as you return indoors.
As Phase 3 progresses, key public services will begin scaling up and resuming.
Find out more about Phase 3 here.
NHS Scotland’s ‘Test & Protect’ campaign
‘Test & Protect’ aims to inform people about how the testing process works, and to support them to get tested as soon as they develop symptoms of Coronavirus (COVID-19). The aim of the ‘Test & Protect’ approach is to control the spread of Coronavirus within our communities.
You can find out more here.
NHS Scotland have a range of videos explaining the ‘Test & Protect’ campaign that you can watch on YouTube:
- Test & Protect
- Test & Protect: Reporting Symptoms
- Test & Protect: Stopping the Spread
- Test & Protect: Close contact