SCLD engages at a policy level to help ensure that decision making which affects people with learning disabilities is based on the best available evidence and takes their views into account.
We lead innovation and collaboration by:
- Supporting the development and evaluation of asset based approaches to service design and delivery
- Promoting practice which facilitates new opportunities for people with learning disabilities
- Creating opportunities to share good practice and ensuring accessible dissemination of evidence
- Providing advice and support to organisations to strengthen their capability to support people with learning disabilities
We undertake and commission research on learning disability and engage regularly with learning disabilities organisations, advocacy groups and individuals themselves to gain a clearer understanding of the lived experience of people with learning disabilities.
Some key areas of our current policy work include:
- Hate Crime
- Human Rights
- Social Security
- Self directed support/ personalisation
Contact our Policy and Implementation Manager for more information about our work in this area.