The Website is owned and operated by Scottish Commission for Learning Disability, a registered SCIO with charity number SC032846 and having its registered office at 5th Floor, Suite 5.2, Stock Exchange Court, 77 Nelson Mandela Place, Glasgow, G2 1QY (“we” or “us”).
- What information is collected?
We may collect:
- Technical information about your visits to our Website including, but not limited to, your IP (Internet Protocol) address used to connect your device to the internet and our Website, traffic data, locations data, log data, your browser settings, the date and time of your visits, and details regarding which pages, products or resources on the Website you access. When you visit the Website, our servers automatically record this type of information.
- Information that you provide to us when you use our Website, including information you provide to us when you use our Website, including information you provide when you order services on our Website, fill in any forms on our Website, register to use our Website, subscribe to our Website, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on the Website or enter a competition or promotion on our Website.
The type of information that we collect from you may include
- Your full name, email address, postal address, telephone number and payment information.
- Technical information about your visits to the Website.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
- Why is the information collected?
We use your information:
- To enable us to supply you with the products, services and information which you have requested.
- To instruct qualitative research or customer service surveys.
- To analyse the information that we collect from you in order that we can examine trends and patterns of the information and improve our services;
- To ensure that the content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device.
- To contact you in order to send you details of our services which may be of interest to you.
- To contact you for your views on our services.
- For our internal record keeping.
- For all other purposes consistent with the proper performance of our operations and business.
- Where is the information disclosed?
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- To protect our rights and property, or our safety and our users’ safety.
- For the purposes of preventing or reporting any illegal or immoral activity.
- Are third party sites covered by this policy?
The transmission of information via the internet is not secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website. Any transmission is at your own risk. We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Your data may be stored by third parties on our behalf. We, and our third party contractors, employ security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage.
Please help us keep our records updated by informing us of any changes to your email address and other contact details.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us.
- Copies and corrections
You have the right to ask for a copy of your information held by us in our records in return for which we may charge a small fee. You also have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your information.
- How to contact us
We welcome your views about our web site. Our contact details can be found at the bottom of every page on the Website, and also in our Contact us section.