The Support In Work Award will recognise an individual who has worked to break down barriers to the employment of people with a learning disability, leading the way towards a more inclusive workplace. Good support in work is vital in creating job opportunities for people with a learning disability and enabling people to maintain and progress in employment.
You need to be a person with a learning disability to nominate for this award and know someone in your work that has made a big difference to you. This might be a work colleague, a job coach or a manager. We want to hear from you. You might want to talk to other people at your work and complete this form together.
Please include the following information for the judges:
- Tell us how this person has supported you to get your job
- Tell us about how this person supports you every day at work
- Tell us about the opportunities that this person has given you and other people with a learning disability
- Tell us about a time when this person helped you or others with a learning disability to get through a tough time at work
- Tell us about how this person has spread the word about employing people with a learning disability.
You can download a Support in Work nomination form here.
Download an easyread version here.
*Please save a copy of your nomination form on your computer as soon as you download it, so that you don’t lose your work.
Keep in touch
More details will soon follow about the nominations for the Learning Disability Awards 2019. If you have any questions about the nomination process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0141 248 3733.