The Support In Work Award will recognise an individual who has worked to break down barriers to the employment of people with a learning disability, leading the way towards a more inclusive workplace. Good support in work is vital in creating job opportunities for people with a learning disability and enabling people to maintain and progress in employment.
You need to be a person with a learning disability to nominate for this award and know someone in your work that has made a big difference to you. This might be a work colleague, a job coach or a manager. We want to hear from you. You might want to talk to other people at your work and complete this form together.
The following nomination criteria was asked for on the nomination form:
- Tell us how this person has supported you to get your job
- Tell us about how this person supports you every day at work
- Tell us about the opportunities that this person has given you and other people with a learning disability
- Tell us about a time when this person helped you or others with a learning disability to get through a tough time at work
- Tell us about how this person has spread the word about employing people with a learning disability.
Nominations for the Learning Disability Awards 2019 have now closed. You can watch the 2019 finalist’s videos below.
Keep in touch
If you have any questions about the nomination process or Learning Disability Awards, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0141 248 3733.