Participation in sport has the potential to transform a person’s health, wellbeing and outlook on life. However, people with learning disabilities are often excluded from mainstream sporting activities. The Sport Achievement Award recognises the success of an individual or team of people with learning disabilities who have made sport a meaningful part of their life, and whose story challenges others to consider sport and the concept of achievement in new ways.
For this category, the judges will be looking for nominations which fit the following criteria:
- Demonstrate the impact that participation in sport has had on the person(s) life
- Demonstrate how the person or team has inspired others or challenged expectations through their participation in sport
- Provide evidence of the extent to which individual(s) have made significant progress in their sport
- Demonstrate that the individual(s) have shown exceptional dedication and commitment over time
- Demonstrate the challenges faced by the person or team in their chosen sport and how these were overcome.
Keep in touch
More details will soon follow about the nominations for the Learning Disability Awards 2019. If you have any questions about the nomination process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0141 248 3733.