Our communities are enriched by the innovation of people and their ideas, contributing to the success of local business. People within entrepreneurship and social enterprise, making social impact are widely celebrated; however, the work and success of people with a learning disability who are engaged in enterprise can be less well known or recognised.
This award celebrates the impact and successes of an individual or group that benefits their local community through enterprise. Whether they’re selling a product or a service, opening a shop or taking their enterprise to the digital world, we want to hear about it!
Bring the person’s story to life:
- Describe the product(s) or service(s) that the person(s) have established
- Provide evidence of the skills and learning that the person(s) have gained and/or developed
- Describe any challenges faced by the person(s) involved in this community enterprise
- Evidence the impact of the enterprise to/within the local community
- Describe how the person(s) are developing the community enterprise for the future.
*Nominations for the Scottish Learning Disability Awards 2020 are now closed*
Keep in touch
If you have any questions about the nomination process or Scottish Learning Disability Awards, please email email@example.com or call 0141 248 3733.
Watch the videos of the successful nominees for the Scottish Learning Disability Awards 2019.