Our communities are enriched by the innovation of people and their ideas, contributing to the success of local business. People within entrepreneurship and social enterprise are widely celebrated; however, the work and success of people with a learning disability who are engaged in enterprise can be less well known or recognised.
This award celebrates the achievements and successes of an individual or group that benefits their local community through enterprise. Whether they’re selling a product or a service, opening a shop or taking their enterprise to the digital world, we want to hear about it!
Bring the person’s story to life:
- Describe the product(s) or service(s) that the person(s) have established
- Provide evidence of the skills and learning that the person(s) have gained and/or developed
- Describe any challenges faced by the person(s) involved in this community enterprise
- Evidence the benefits of the enterprise to/within the local community
- Describe how the person(s) are developing the community enterprise for the future.
There are three ways to nominate for the Learning Disability Awards 2020:
- Complete an online nomination form here (opens in new window)*
- Fill in an easy read nomination form – you can download one here
- Fill in a paper copy of the nomination form – you can download one here.
*If you are filling in the nomination form online, we recommend writing your nomination form in a text document and copying and pasting your text into this form, so as to avoid losing your progress.
Keep in touch
If you have any questions about the nomination process or Scottish Learning Disability Awards, please email email@example.com or call 0141 248 3733.
Watch the videos of the successful nominees for the Scottish Learning Disability Awards 2019.