This award recognises the transformative and empowering relationship between the family carer(s) and the person being cared for. The tireless support of family carers makes a world of difference to the life of the family member being cared for and yet is rarely recognised formally. This is your opportunity to nominate a family carer and the person with a learning disability who is cared for; they are there for each other through the good times and the tougher times.
Please note this award is for a family carer(s) and the person being cared for. To celebrate the dedication, commitment and love in caring for a loved one who has a learning disability.
Please write your nomination and evidence the criteria below. The judges will be scoring the nomination against this criteria.
Bring the person(s) story to life:
- Tell us about the care and support that the carer(s) provides to their family member with a learning disability
- Demonstrate how the carer(s) actions and/or support have made a difference to the life of the person being cared for
- Provide examples of how the carer(s) and the person being cared for have demonstrated positivity in the face of challenges encountered
- Tell us about any times when the carer(s) has supported others who are in a similar caring role
There are three ways to nominate for the Learning Disability Awards 2020:
- Complete an online nomination form (opens in new window)*
- Fill in an easy read nomination form – you can download one here
- Fill in a paper copy of the nomination form – you can download one here.
*If you are filling in the nomination form online, we recommend writing your nomination form in a text document and copying and pasting your text into this form, so as to avoid losing your progress.
Keep in touch
If you have any questions about the nomination process or Learning Disability Awards, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0141 248 3733.
Watch the videos of the successful nominees for the Scottish Learning Disability Awards 2019.