Our communities are enriched by the innovation of people and their ideas, contributing to the success of local business. People within entrepreneurship and social enterprise are widely celebrated; however, the work and success of people with a learning disability who are engaged in enterprise can be less well known or recognised.
This award celebrates the achievements and successes of an individual or group that benefits their local community through enterprise. Whether they’re selling a product or a service, opening a shop or taking their enterprise to the digital world, we want to hear about it!
Please include the following information for the judges:
- Describe the product(s) or service(s) that the person(s) have established
- Provide evidence of the skills and learning that the person(s) have gained and/or developed
- Describe any challenges faced by the person(s) involved in this community enterprise
- Evidence the benefits of the enterprise to/within the local community
- Describe how the person(s) are developing the community enterprise for the future.
You can download a Community Enterprise Award nomination form here.
Download an easyread version here.
Keep in touch
More details will soon follow about the nominations for the Learning Disability Awards 2019. If you have any questions about the nomination process, please email email@example.com or call 0141 248 3733.