Individuals who have a learning disability have the power to express their creative and artistic talent and engage with the world, with the potential to impact the lives of others and to change attitudes in our society. There is huge creative talent in Scotland’s communities and we want to hear about it. That is why we want to recognise the creative talent within Scotland’s communities.
This award is open for nominations across all creative disciplines. Whether your nominee(s) write, dance, sing, produce visual art, act, perform music or are involved in something completely unique, we want to hear about it!
Please include the following information for the judges:
- Tell us about the skills, experience and achievements of the person or group; include examples of creative work or content
- Demonstrate sustained involvement (2-3 years) of the person or group within their chosen creative field
- Provide evidence of how the person or group is developing their artistic and creative potential or how they are aspiring to do this
- Demonstrate and evidence artistic and creative challenges or personal challenges that have been overcome
- Provide evidence of the links with the wider community that the person or group has and the difference this is making e.g. encouraging more people in the community to get involved
- Tell us about what future plans or what the next steps are for the person or groups artistic and creative journey.
You can download a Creative Communities nomination form here.
Download an easyread version here.
Keep in touch
More details will soon follow about the nominations for the Learning Disability Awards 2019. If you have any questions about the nomination process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0141 248 3733.