A community can refer to a group of people living in the same place, or to people who have something in common. However, it can mean so much more to people who benefit from having a shared sense of identity, and who find strength in the people around them.
This award recognises the difference that a person or group of people with learning disabilities can make when they champion the causes of their community, and work to make things better for everyone.
Please include the following information for the judges:
- Describe what the person or group is doing within the community and what makes them a ‘champion’
- Demonstrate what the person or group is doing for others
- Provide evidence of any positive changes that have happened and tell us how things in the community have been made better
- Demonstrate and evidence challenges faced and overcome
- Demonstrate the ambition of the person or group.
You can download a Community Champion nomination form here.
Download an easyread version here.
Keep in touch
More details will soon follow about the nominations for the Learning Disability Awards 2019. If you have any questions about the nomination process, please email email@example.com or call 0141 248 3733.